Categories

art (2) culture (4) flora (17) gov (23) grinds (25) hale (10) hiking (25) lit (3) local (54) log (3) maui (5) meta (16) politics (8) recipe (6) relo (11) travel (70)

December 19, 2012

Beach Rain Walk

With showers rolling through all day long, rather than be cooped up here I put on swim trunks and a T and walked down the beach impervious to rain. I had the place to myself, and the rain wasn't that bad - it's almost warm - though with the wind up can be a little tedious.

I took the Go Pro camera (in its waterproof case) and shot some burst mode of the sea (10 rapid fire frames) and reviewing them one shot picked up something I can't figure out. The wind was blowing but there's a really long streak in just one shot, too long and not the right angle to be something flying by. My best guess is a little drop of water on the case window over the camera lens hit and blew by, but I don't think that's what it is.
Here is an animation of the three frames (with before & after) at approximately speed shot (ten frames per second) in a loop. To slow it down hover the mouse over the animated image; moving left and right you can see the frames slowly. Any ideas what this is?


Here are the three consecutive frames:



No comments:

Post a Comment