Categories

art (2) culture (4) flora (17) gov (23) grinds (25) hale (10) hiking (25) lit (3) local (54) log (3) maui (5) meta (16) politics (8) recipe (6) relo (11) travel (70)

January 21, 2013

Blog workaround

I still don't have Internet service where I'm staying but not I can blog again regularly. I should get back to roughly daily posts now.

My smartphone has Internet connection - unreliable and slow, but it works - but what stopped me from blogging was that typing was so tedious.

The solution is a keyboard: I now have a Bluetooth-connected keyboard that works great and enables me to post with ease. The tiny screen is not a problem at all so long as I can really type.
You need Android version 3 or later (I tried some hacks with version 2 that were a mess, at least the free ones, but now it's properly integrated). I got the Logitech K810 ... it isn't cheap but works fine and the rechargeable battery so far lasts and lasts. Keyboard touch is pretty good: I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment