Categories

art (2) culture (4) flora (17) gov (23) grinds (25) hale (10) hiking (25) lit (3) local (54) log (3) maui (5) meta (16) politics (8) recipe (6) relo (11) travel (70)

March 8, 2013

Further

In an hour I should be on a Hawaiian Airlines jet ascending above and away from Kauai, bringing this trip to an end. One road begins and another begins.

I intend to keep this blog going. I filled up a 80MB drive with over four thousand photos and some video, not including all the hale video and photos that I have already delivered to Uncle. All this needs organizing and will lead to more posts and photo collections and videos.

In addition, I have a list of topics to write on that I just haven't had time to get to yet. Some will be travelogue/guidebook but some I hope to dig in deeper and write about more important things.

This trip has unexpectedly fostered a short story that I am working on, and experiences and learnings from this trip are informing the writing. I greatly enjoyed working on this in December and January and look forward to completing the first draft and getting it polished.

Several Kauaians I am sure will stay in touch so I can maintain some contact while on the mainland.

This blog has been just right: I have enjoyed writing, recapping my activities here, and hope that some of it is informative as well as slightly entertaining.

Believe me, without this blog I would have been sending family and friends all kinds of long email out of the blue, so this project has spared them that. One relative who is not digital I have been sending this in printed form so as not to exclude anyone. Blogging is just right since it isn't addressed to anyone in particular, everyone can read what they like, as much as they like, or not as the case may be.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment