Categories

art (2) culture (4) flora (17) gov (23) grinds (25) hale (10) hiking (25) lit (3) local (54) log (3) maui (5) meta (16) politics (8) recipe (6) relo (11) travel (70)

May 8, 2013

Hanama'ulu Cafe

On the way to the airport today I finally got to the Hanama'ulu Cafe for lunch. Since first visiting Kaua'i this place has been on the short list of restaurants I wanted to try and for one reason or another today for the first time I got there, and it was delicious.

Located in Hanama'ulu, a small town along the highway just outside Lihue on the way to the east shore. The cafe is only open for lunch and dinner, and being so close to Lihue (the "big city" here) it was never the right time or I was passing through on the way somewhere else. Then during the winter the place next door (the buildings were attached) burned down closing them for a good long while.

The cafe specializes in Japanese and Chinese food with sushi available at dinner (only). Today I had the fish tempura lunch plate - rice, tsukemono, and fish and vegetables nicely fried in batter with dipping sauce.

Will have to check it out for dinner before long. Reservations seem to be needed: while I was there I heard them taking dinner reservations more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment