Categories

art (2) culture (4) flora (17) gov (23) grinds (25) hale (10) hiking (25) lit (3) local (54) log (3) maui (5) meta (16) politics (8) recipe (6) relo (11) travel (70)

May 8, 2013

Off Island

The next two weeks I will be off island to Japan visiting family and friends so the blog will take a rest, perhaps Iʻll start a Japan blog...

This morning I walked the dark sand beach of Waimea and out the fishing pier where I took this shot on the right looking back on the town.

Then I walked up the hill to visit the neighborhood we will be in with our first rental house and back through the town, circling back to the inn.

This morning was an exceptionally clear view of Niʻihau with nice morning light on the bluffs to the left (though the photos don't do it justice).


I've been busy the past few days - though not that busy really - getting a P O Box, putting most my things that I have on the island into storage, and errands like that in preparation for the trip.

If you've been following along, pardon the slight interruption and hope you will return two weeks hence. Sayonara until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment